Friday, September 8, 2017

A past blast into the present

I have this belief that you should never forget where you came from. Where your roots dug the ground and set you up for what is about to unfold. They are the ones who guided you when you were trying to break through the eggshell, like it or not. I started with graffiti as a teenage rebel, it was the supplier of an explosive drug called adrenaline. It has since then become a part of my culture, one of my many escapes and one trustworthy companion. Even though now I rarely paint, it is still one of the things that can soothe my mind.

During this summer I started painting again. I was supposedly going to be painting once a week, but time had other plans. During these legal excursions I attempted on some stopmotion videos showing the process of the urban art.

The last video is of a graffiti installation I did for the audiovisual exhibition "Depth Elevation - Urbansphere: Raw Cuts and Instrumentals". The piece is called "A piece in pieces" for apparent and not reasons. Another belief I have is that to each person we give another piece of ourselves, never the same we gave to another. We treat each person differently as each person is different. It is also a matter of the likeness we have for a person. We are in pieces and the people we meet are the ones who in the end can assemble us.








No comments:

Post a Comment